Here is a list of helpful tips for grouting your newly tiled surface.
* Grout tile 24 hours after tile installation
* Mix grout to the consistency of "cool whip" for on the floor. This will make it easy to spread and reduce the chances of "washing out"
* Let the grout sit for about 10 minutes before you use it. This will help it get the perfect consistency
* Mix the grout with cold water only
* Make sure that the area to be grouted is clean
* Try and have one person mixing the grout for a larger job. This helps ensure the same grout consistency throughout the whole project and reduce the risk of efflorescence
* If grouting a wall, make grout a little thicker as it will tend to run downwards through the tile
* If grouting a large area, grout smaller areas at a time. This will ensure easy clean up
* Let grout sit for about 10-15 minutes before washing, this will allow the product to
* Use warm water when washing
* Do not wash grout with anything but water until it has been sealed
* Seal grout joints 10-12 days after application, this will allow for sufficient drying time
* Make sure to wipe off any excess sealer from grout and tile so it does not leave a haze
* You will see a "dusty haze" on tile for a few days after application. Don't worry, this will disappear after a few good washes with clean water
Note: There is a complete mixing guide on your bag or box of grout